Wednesday, May 16, 2012

it's been a while...

So I'm going to give this another go, since I've recently been re-inspired by the topic, thanks to a new documentary series on HBO called "Weight of the Nation."

This documentary series is really interesting in that it examines America as a whole, and our habits, not necessarily just those who are already struggling with their weight.  I for one, was surprised to learn how many people just don't  know how to eat better!  I grew up in a house where we were VERY weight conscious...I could probably have told you the amount of calories in anything you'd asked me about by the time I was 14.  But one woman was ingesting 2000 calories daily in just soft drinks and had no idea...can you imagine?  No food at all, just soda!

The most horrifying part is probably the episode about children.

HBO is intending for this documentary to be a sort of public service, so they're making it easily viewable for free.  I requested to watch it early and they even sent me the entire DVD set for free, which I thought was pretty amazing!

Here are all the videos to watch:



No comments:

Post a Comment