Friday, July 8, 2011

Vegan Faves - P.F. Chang's

I'll be honest with you - we don't eat out much. Me and my boyfriend are recent college grads on a pretty tight budget, and since restaurant eating often ends with me either having to order something sub-par, or being forced to complain and send back food they've obviously tainted with animal products (butter, parmesan, once I was given actual chicken after telling our waitress I was vegan), it's not really our number one activity. Usually kept to one weekend night each week, if that.

But this week my parents stopped through town to visit and we went to P.F. Chang's, where I was pleasantly surprised.

I have this app (I'm an iPhone addict) that tells me what's vegan at a bunch of average chain restaurants, and when I looked them up there were like 20 choices-way more than I usually have. The best part? What I had was AWESOME.

So here are my P.F. Chang's recommendations:

Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps - The meat eaters were convinced they were better than the chicken!

Spring Rolls - Really good, although not necessarily on my diet...one was totally worth it though.



Spicy Green Beans - Again, YUM. I shared these with a few other people.



Ma Po Tofu - My boyfriend even ate this, and he's a tofu hater in general. Actually, my feeling were a teeny bit hurt when he said "I'd like tofu if you could cook it like this!" But I tried to let it roll of my shoulders and decided to just be glad he liked SOME form of tofu.

So yeah, I know it's a chain. And as far as restaurant recommendations go, it's not the most creative thing. But we don't live in San Francisco, L.A., or New York City, so we'll take our good vegan food where we can get it!

Plus, in the non-health related category, they make a really yummy pear mojito. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment